Saturday, August 17, 2013

MIST 7500 - Fall 2013; A1 - What is this blog all about?

MIST 7500 - Fall 2013; Assignment A1 - What is this blog all about?

First a few words about me. My name is George Renzi and I am currently enrolled in the Master's of Internet Technology program at UGA. It is a cohort-style program and we meet twice weekly at the UGA Gwinett campus. For the past 15 years I have worked for the same company in the manufacturing industry. I have held numerous positions of varying responsibility through out my career and have had the opportunity to relocate four times over that time period. My goal is to get involved with technologies that will shape our future lifestyles.

Now onto the "meat and potatoes" of this blog. I will be highlighting weekly topics and readings from the MIST 7500 Internet Technology class under the tutelage of Dr. Craig Piercy. Some of the topics that will be highlighted in this course include:

  • Fundamentals of Business Modeling
  • Internet infrastructure
  • Network hardware components
  • Tools and methods used in the development of networked applications
  • HTML and big data (cloud) basics
  • mobile internet applications basics
That's it for now. Make sure to check back for weekly updates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment